The fifth instalment of the Grand Theft Auto series is playable on a wide variety of video game consoles. Running around and doing missions in and around Los Santos will provide you with a gameplay experience that is analogous regardless of the platform you are using to play the game, be it a personal computer (PC), PlayStation 3, or Xbox 360. Players that play Grand Theft Auto 5 on a personal computer will, generally speaking, have an easier time firing firearms in the game as a result of the fine precision of the mouse. This is despite the fact that there are notable differences between the input devices and controllers. Players that use consoles will find it more difficult to aim their weapons accurately.
When it comes to GTA 5, though, a neat little adjustment within the game itself for consoles can level the playing field for all of these varied systems. We will show you how to activate the Aim Assist feature in Grand Theft Auto 5 in this guide that we have prepared for you. So let’s get started:
Read Also: How to Get a Fire Truck in GTA V
How to Turn On Aim Assist for GTA 5
In Grand Theft Auto 5, you may access the Aim Assist feature by going into the Pause menu, selecting Gamepad Settings, and then toggling the Targeting Mode switch.
It is important to keep in mind, however, that if you select any of the Free Aim settings, your online character will be placed in a GTA Online session with other players who are using the same Targeting Mode. The same may be said about the Assisted Aim customization choices. Players who are using different Targeting Modes will typically not be able to interact with one another online. This is done to ensure that aiming and targeting are fair for all players in the lobby.
1. To access the pause menu, press the ESC key on your keyboard, the Start button on an Xbox or PS3, or the Options Button on a PS4 or PS5 console.
2. Choose the ‘Settings’ tab by clicking on it:
3. To access ‘Targeting Mode,’ navigate to the Gamepad’s targeting section:
4. Choose one of the following targeting options from the available ones:
- Free Aim is the default mode for aiming. The players are required to use the joystick in order to move the crosshair in the direction of the target.
- Free Aim Assisted is quite similar to Free Aim; the only difference is that the joystick movement is less choppy.
- A portion of your character’s aim will be assisted when you press the aim button. This will cause the character’s crosshair to travel closer to the target.
- Assisted-Aim Full When you press the ‘Aim’ button on the controller, your crosshair will immediately move to the target that is the nearest to you. Keep an eye on the target even while it moves.
Does GTA 5 PC have aim assist?
In order to play games on their PCs, console players frequently connect their controllers to their computers. This is because mouse and keyboard controls can be difficult to master for players who are new to PC gaming. Aim Assist is available for Gamepad controls in this game, and it may also be used in GTA Online.
Where do I find aim assist?
After confirming that the Advanced Options toggle is turned on, navigate through the Controller Settings menu until you reach the Advanced – Sensitivity section. You need to look for a menu choice there that’s titled Aim Assist Strength. Check that the Aim Assist Strength is set to its maximum of one hundred percent (or whatever percentage you prefer to play on).
Is Aim assist only on PC?
No matter the input device, aiming assistance is exclusively available for console players and not for PC gamers. I won’t offer any opinion on the question of whether or not aim assist should be permitted in crossplay lobbies. On the other hand, if we are going to claim that players on consoles will get aim assist, THEN I believe it is only reasonable to give the same thing to controller users on PC.
Is Aim Assist automatically on?
The aim assist feature should be switched on by default; however, the following instructions will walk you through turning it off and then turning it back on again. Proceed to the menu labelled Settings. Navigate to the tab labelled “Controller.” Locate the Target Compensation setting, and then turn it either on or off.
Should I turn aim assist on?
Absolutely, not only for novice players but for everyone else as well, it is of great assistance to have this information. It directs your aim in the direction of the adversary. If you have an accuracy of 60%, it will increase to 70% for you. Some players choose to compete in 1v1 TDM matches without using aim help.