The company Valve has published further information on forthcoming changes to its policies governing the selling and discounting of video games. The frequency with which developers and publishers can discount their games, as well as the percentages by which they can discount their games, will be affected by these new laws.
These rule changes were first disclosed earlier this month, but Valve only provided specifics on the adjustments to the “cooldown time” between discounts, detailing intentions to cut this period from six weeks to 28 days in order to minimize the number of discounts available. Valve has now released the complete list of rule changes, which you can see in the section below:
- You can run a launch discount, but once your launch discount ends, you cannot run any other discounts for 28 days.
- It is not possible to discount your product for 28 days following a price increase in any currency.
- Discounts cannot be run within 28 days of your prior discount, with the exception of Steam-wide seasonal events.
- Discounts for seasonal sale events cannot be run within 28 days of releasing your title, within 28 days from when your launch discount ends, or within 28 days of a price increase in any currency.
- You may not change your price while a promotion is live now or scheduled for the future.
- It is not possible to discount a product by more than 90% or less than 10%.
- Custom discounts cannot last longer than two weeks, or run for shorter than 1 day.
The net result of these modifications is that developers will be able to provide discounts on a more frequent basis. One change, on the other hand, appears to be targeted more toward addressing anti-consumer behaviour. In the sixth bullet point, it is stated that “it is not feasible to discount a product by more than 90 percent or by less than ten percent.”
Previously, the regulation merely stated, “It is not possible to provide a product at a 100 percent discount.” Due to this, dishonest game vendors offered discounts of as little as one percent in order to have their games included on sales lists, rather than delivering a significant price reduction. The new guidelines require developers and pubs to give a minimum discount of 10 percent, which means that all discounts must now be presented in good faith in order to be valid.
How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord
How to Send Videos on Discord
How to Restart Any Apple TV Model
THE BEST HEALTH SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD
How to Install Add Google Drive to File Explorer
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch