Apple’s Magic Keyboard features a stable scissor mechanism beneath each key in addition to a sleek design and an integrated rechargeable battery that can be charged using the Lightning to USB Cable that is included in the package. This eliminates the need to replace AA batteries, which can be a hassle.
Your keyboard should continue to function normally with no need for charging for at least a month thanks to the built-in battery, which has a very long life. If you are unsure how much charge is still available, you may check the battery level at any moment within the macOS operating system. The instructions are provided below for you to follow.
How to Check Apple Magic Keyboard Battery Level in macOS
1. You may access your Mac’s menu bar by moving your cursor to the top-left corner of the screen and clicking the Apple symbol ().
2. Choose the Preferences menu option.
3. Choose the Keyboard pane in the preferences menu.
4. When you have the Keyboard tab selected, look in the bottom-left area of the window for the Battery Level indicator for the Keyboard. This displays the percentage of remaining battery life in the batteries that are present in your Apple Bluetooth keyboard.
5. You may also check the battery level percentage by going into the Bluetooth menu, which can be accessible by going to the Control Center on the top menu bar of your computer. You should be able to find the percentage listed next to your Apple Keyboard, which is found under the heading “Devices.”
6. You don’t need to worry about forgetting to check the batteries in your Apple keyboard because macOS will notify you when the battery level drops to 10% or lower.
Does Apple Magic Keyboard need to be charged?
There is no need to worry about remembering to charge your Magic Keyboard. Learn what to do if your iPad Pro does not charge when it is attached to your Magic Keyboard by reading this article. The USB-C connector on the Magic Keyboard is used to charge the device but does not send or receive data. Because of this, you won’t be able to connect an input device to this port, such as a USB-C mouse.
How long does Apple Magic Keyboard battery last?
Your keyboard should continue to function normally with no need for charging for at least a month thanks to the built-in battery, which has a very long life. If you are unsure how much charge is still available, you may check the battery level at any moment within the macOS operating system.
Should I turn off Magic Keyboard?
Is it necessary to turn off the magic mouse and keyboard while the iMac is not being utilised? Answer: A: You do not need to turn them off; you can leave them on.
Do Apple wireless keyboards go bad?
There is a wide range of possible longevity for a wireless keyboard, from over ten years down to roughly three months for some models. This time frame is contingent on a wide variety of elements, including the amount of usage, the quality of the keyboard, and the length of the battery life. If you are utilising the keyboard appropriately and giving it the care and attention it needs, it should serve you for a considerable amount of time.