You’re undoubtedly already aware that Alexa is a virtual assistant that can be found on smart speakers such as the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Studio, and other similar devices. If you have an iPhone, you may not be aware that the Alexa app is available and may be used even if you do not have an Amazon device.
It is possible to associate your iPhone with an Echo smart speaker through Bluetooth using the Amazon Alexa app, which can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
Here’s all you need to know about the process.
How to use the Alexa app for iPhone
1. Go to the Apple App Store and download the Amazon Alexa application.
2. In the pop-up option that appears when you enable Bluetooth, choose OK to allow Alexa to set up or connect with more devices (like your iPhone or Echo speaker).
Step three: Log into your Amazon account.
4. Select Continue to confirm that you have read and agree to Amazon’s terms and conditions.
5. To configure a device, choose Yes or No from the drop-down menu.
6. Select who you are from the list of alternatives by tapping on the screen. Tap Continue once you have confirmed your first and last names.
7. Select Allow if you wish to provide Alexa access to your contacts (so that you may use commands such as “call mom”) and to get alerts from Alexa. Later may be used to bypass this step.
Continually follow the on-screen directions to complete the setup of Alexa, which includes training Alexa how to recognise your voice. By selecting Move, you may skip forward to any of the phases in the setup procedure.
Alternatively, you may say “Alexa” or press the blue Alexa symbol at the top of the screen, followed by the words you want to hear. If you want, you may type out your request by tapping the keyboard icon.
How to add the Alexa widget to your iPhone home screen
The home screen on iPhones running iOS 14 and later has widgets, which may be discovered if you scroll all the way left past all of your other screens holding applications.
If you know you’ll be using Alexa (or any other app) on a regular basis, the home screen is an excellent spot to put it so you can reach it quickly.
1. On your iPhone, swipe left until you reach the home screen, which contains a number of widgets.
2. Select one of the widgets (it doesn’t matter which one) and keep your finger down on it until a pop-up menu displays. Tap Customize the Home Screen
3. Select Amazon Alexa from the drop-down menu by tapping the plus (+) button in the top-left corner of the screen. If you can’t find what you’re looking for by scrolling, use the search box to look for it.
4. Select Add Widget from the drop-down menu. Reposition the widget with your finger as needed, then hit Done when you’re ready to complete.
How to pair iPhone to Amazon devices via Alexa app
Bluetooth allows you to connect your iPhone to any of Amazon’s smart speakers, including the Echo, Echo Dot, and other models.
1. Put your Bluetooth device (such as an Echo, Echo Dot, or other similar device) into pairing mode.
2. Open the Alexa app and choose Devices from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Echo and Alexa from the drop-down menu.
4. From the list of available devices, choose the one you want to use. Bluetooth Devices may be accessed by selecting Pair a New Device from the menu bar.
To connect the next time, just turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and speaker, then say “Pair Bluetooth,” as seen in the image below.