Receiving an excessive number of Facebook messages might be entertaining for some individuals, but it can be a bother for others. It’s possible that you fall into the latter group and are wondering if there is a method to deactivate Messenger.
To deactivate Messenger, you must first cancel your whole Facebook account, which is unfortunately the only option available. However, there are a few solutions that you may take advantage of, such as deactivating Messenger instead of using it.
Here’s how to complete each task.
Read Also: How to Unfollow Someone on Facebook
You Can’t Disable Messenger Alone
Facebook Messenger can only be disabled by deactivating your Facebook account. There is no way to delete Messenger without first cancelling your Facebook account..
Deleting your Facebook account is not the same as deactivating your account. You may revive your account at a later time by just entering in again after deactivating it. While your account is deleted, you will not be able to utilize Facebook or Oculus services. Without Messenger, you’ll have to stop using Facebook as a social networking platform. Simply deleting the app from your phone will achieve this. Desktop users will continue to view communication requests in the upper right-hand corner of their Facebook page.
Additionally, other Messenger users will still be able to find you. Friends will be able to easily get in touch with you now that you’ve joined the service. If you wish to keep your online status a secret, you may turn off your “Active Status” under Messenger’s settings.
How to Deactivate Messenger by Deactivating Facebook
Despite the fact that Messenger and Facebook are no longer one and the same, the two are still very much linked. They share the same account, so any changes you make in one app will typically be reflected in the other. As a result, you can choose to turn off Messenger when you log out of Facebook.
Remove from your phone or tablet.
1. Tap on three stacked lines at bottom-right (iPhone) or top-right (Android) of the Facebook app (Android).
2. Select Settings from the Settings & Privacy menu, then scroll down and hit that option.
3. Deactivating or deleting a user’s account may be done by clicking on the Account Ownership and Control button.
4. Deactivate your account by clicking on the link Deactivate Account or Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deactivation on the next page that appears.
5. When prompted, enter your Facebook password and confirm that you really do wish to delete your account. 4.
This will log you out of Facebook and remove your account from the social network. To turn off Messenger, follow these steps:
1. Tap your profile photo in top-left corner to open Messenger.
2. To deactivate Messenger, click Legal & Policies, then Deactivate.
3. To be sure you want to deactivate the feature, tap it one more.
To reactivate your accounts at any time, simply launch the app and log in again.
Can you temporarily deactivate Messenger?
You must first log out of your Facebook account before you can disable Messenger…. Activating your account after it has been disabled is as simple as signing into Messenger or Facebook.
Can I deactivate Facebook and still use Messenger?
Using Messenger after you’ve cancelled your Facebook account does not automatically restart your Facebook account. Only the Messenger app or the Facebook chat window will be available for your friends to use to communicate with you…. Download Facebook Messenger on your mobile device, whether it’s an iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone. Open the app and input your phone number in the appropriate field.