Since its initial release in the year 2002, Mozilla Firefox has been one of the web browsers that is consistently ranked among the most popular of its kind. Because of Firefox’s renowned speed and many personalization options, it is an excellent choice for a browser to install on a brand-new computer. If you have a Mac and would want to try out the browser for yourself, you can do so by downloading and installing it using the procedures that are provided below.
Read Also: How to Make Facetime Calls on Mac
How to Download Firefox on Your Mac
1. Launch your preferred web browser. This might be Safari, which is Apple’s default web browser, or it might be Google Chrome, or any number of other browsers.
2. Go to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/.
3. In the middle of the page, click the button that says “Download Now.”
4. At this point, the file necessary to install Firefox will start downloading on your browser. When it’s done, you can either click the download button at the bottom of the browser or navigate to the location where your downloads are saved and double-click the Firefox file there.
5. Permit your Mac to perform the verification. After that, you need to drag the icon of Firefox into the Application folder, as shown in the pop-up window that appears.
6. Navigate to the Applications folder on your computer and run Firefox.
7. Find Firefox using the search bar and pick it.
8. Because the browser was downloaded from the internet, a pop-up window will ask you if you are certain that you wish to launch the programme. Select “Open.”
After that, Firefox will start up.
Is Firefox free on Mac?
Mozilla Firefox is a free website browser that works across several platforms and is available for use on devices operating Android, Apple iOS, Mac OS X, Linux, and Microsoft Windows. The open-source software comes with a wide variety of advantages, all of which contribute to the platform’s exceptional suitability for use.
Is Firefox safer than chrome?
Is it Safer to Use Firefox Than Chrome? Both Chrome and Firefox are secure browsers; however, the tracking protection offered by Firefox is more extensive than that offered by Chrome.
Is it safe to download Firefox?
Firefox is always available for free. If at any point you are requested for payment in order to download Firefox, you are the victim of a scam. 2. If you want to be absolutely certain that you are getting an authentic copy of Firefox, the only method to do so is to download it from the Mozilla website (http://www.mozilla.org).
Can I have Firefox and Chrome on the same computer?
You can, in fact, use both Firefox and Chrome at the same time. However, one will need to be the default browser. For instance, Windows will require information regarding the browser to be used in order to properly open links within programmes. It is recommended that Internet Explorer be kept installed because some programmes may be written so that they will only work with that browser.