Using our cellphones, we can stay in touch with our friends and family who live all over the world. But, because there’s nothing quite like a good party, you’re probably wondering whether there’s a way to gather a group of your friends or family members to communicate with one another in order to share tales, laughter, and good times in one place.
You’re in luck, to be honest with you. On Snapchat, you can have a group chat with up to 63 of your friends at the same time, and you can even video chat with up to 16 pals at the same time. Continue reading to see how you can simply create group conversations with all of your friends in one spot using the Snapchat application.
Read Also: How to Allow Camera on Snapchat
How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat
It takes no time at all to create group chats, and you may create any number of them@.
1. On your iOS or Android smartphone, launch the Snapchat app and sign in if necessary with your existing account information.
2. Swiping right on the screen will take you to the Friends tab, which may be accessed by touching the speech bubble symbol in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. In the upper right corner of the Friends tab, click on the speech bubble with the pencil to open it.
4. A text cursor should be flashing in the To: area at the top of the New Chat screen when you are finished. Enter the initial name or username of a friend you wish to add to your group and then choose that person from the drop-down menu that appears. Alternatively, you may manually pick a buddy by scrolling down the page.
5. Step four should be repeated for each additional buddy you wish to include in your group. You can have up to 31 pals in a single group at any given time.
6. You can name your group once you’ve added all of the people you want to it by pressing New Group at the top of the screen and typing a name in the box that appears.
7. To form a group, use the blue Chat with Group option on the toolbar. The group chat window will instantly open, allowing you to begin conversing right away.
How to Manage Your Snapchat Group
You can manage your Snapchat group from within the group chat by tapping the menu icon in the top left of the screen. You’ll see a list of friends in the group along with other options that allow you to do the following:
- Share your location with the group
- Edit the group name
- Turn on the Do Not Disturb setting
- Auto-save group stories
- Add more friends to the group
- Leave the group
Where to Find Your Group
Previous versions of the Snapchat app had a Groups option next to the Friends tab, however that functionality has since been removed in more current versions of the programme. If you communicate with your group on a regular basis, the group will appear in your most recent chats on your Friends page, in the same way that interactions with individual friends are displayed there.
To access the group chat, simply touch the name of the group from your Friends menu. The magnifying glass or search window at the top of the screen on any tab can be used to locate a group if you haven’t participated with it in a while, or if you have cleaned your discussions.
How to Use Your Snapchat Group
There are three main ways to interact with your Snapchat group:
Chat: This is the most obvious and basic group feature. Just tap the group name to open the chat and start chatting by text (with options to send photos, snaps from Memories, Bitmoji stickers and more). Chats sent in groups are automatically deleted after 24 hours.
Snaps: When you take a new photo or video snap through the camera tab, you can select the group name from your friends list to send it to everyone in the group.
Video Chat: You can start video editing with up to 15 friends in a group from the group chat.