Twitch is presently one of the most popular websites that allows users to view live digital video broadcasts and stream them online. These broadcasts can contain anything from actual game play to the creation of artwork to chat programmes or even actual television episodes.
Establishing two-factor authentication on Twitch is a straightforward process provided that the user is familiar with the many sites required for the process. The following are some steps you may do to make your account more secure and fight off any possible invasions by cybercriminals. This tutorial will assist you in setting up Two-Factor Authentication on your Twitch account and will lead you through the process step-by-step.
Read Also: How to Add Sub Badges on Twitch
How to Set Up Two Factor Authentication on Twitch
1. In order to utilise Twitch, you need only go to the website at https://www.twitch.tv.
2. Just log in by clicking the box that says “Log In.”
3. You will be able to access your profile after you have successfully logged in by heading to the top right of the homepage and clicking on the profile logo there.
4. Click Settings.
5. Select Privacy and Security from the drop-down menu of available options on the main screen.
6. Keep scrolling down until you find the area labelled “Two-Factor Authentication,” then click on it.
7. If you want to get started configuring two-factor authentication, all you have to do is click the “Set Up” button.
8. Please put the phone number that you use for your mobile device below. I am grateful.
9. Proceed without stopping here; this is not the place to do so.
10. Click the “Verify” button once you have entered the verification number that you will get in a text message and then entered it into the appropriate field.
11. Click Verify.
12. Click Done.
Does Twitch have 2 factor authentication?
Authy is the provider of two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, which can be enabled on your Twitch account to prevent unauthorized logins. This feature is also known by its acronym. In addition to their iOS, Android, and desktop apps, Authy also provides two-factor authentication (2FA) that is conducted through SMS messages.
Where do I find my Twitch authenticator code?
The New Device/Location Verification code will be sent to the email address that has been validated as being associated with your Twitch account. You can use our Forgot Username procedure and enter your email address if you don’t recall which Twitch account is associated with your email address.
Does Twitch use Google Authenticator?
After these two tasks have been completed, you will be ready to begin the two-factor authentication process with Google Authenticator. To begin, head over to the Settings page of your Twitch account and select the Security option. Now, go ahead and click the button that says “Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.”
How do I reset my Twitch authenticator?
Simply navigate to any page on Twitch and look for the icon representing your profile in the upper-right hand corner. To change the settings, click the button. On the screen that says Settings, select the button labelled “Security and Privacy” from the topmost tab. To set up two-factor authentication, click the option located under the Security heading.