No matter if you are using a Dell laptop or a desktop computer, taking and saving a screenshot is a straightforward process. This article will illustrate how to take a screenshot on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 or a newer version of the operating system by pressing the Print Screen key on the computer’s keyboard.
Read Also: How to Connect AirPods to Dell Laptop
What is a Screenshot?
A screenshot, screengrab, or screencap – whatever you choose to call it – is a photographic representation of exactly what is showing on your desktop screen. On the subject of the value of screenshots in this modern age of computers, one could practically go on for hours. We’ve all heard it before: an image is more interesting and meaningful than a long prose, and the evolution of screenshots is yet another example of this.
When reporting a problem, screenshots are also quite useful to have on hand. When you report an issue, it is common for IT or Web Support teams to request a screenshot of the problem. Providing a screenshot makes it much easier for the support team to grasp exactly what is going on and how to resolve the issue.
While this is the case, screen captures are a very useful tool for both personal and business purposes. You’re about to learn how to take a screenshot of your Dell laptop or computer screen if you’re using one of their products.
How to Use Print Screen on a Dell Laptop
The majority of computer keyboards contain a button that allows you to print what is currently on the screen. Most Dell laptop models also contain a dedicated Print Screen key, which is positioned on the first row of their keyboards right beside their function keys as shown in the illustration below. This feature is commonly referred to as Print Screen or PrtScr in the Dell world.
Additionally, PrintScreen can be abbreviated as PrintScreen, PrintScreenn, PrintScreenr, PrtScreenn, PrtScreenr, PrintScreen, PrintScreenn, PrintScreen, or PrintScreen. For the sake of this article, the key shall be referred to as PrtScr.
1. Navigate to the screen that you wish to record using a screenshot and press the Print Screen button. Perhaps you’re looking at your desktop, a webpage, or another application that is currently active.
2. Find the print screen button on your computer and press it (usually on the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard).
3. Occasionally, a dedicated Print Screen key may not be present on a particular keyboard model. When you press and hold down the Fn and Insert keys at the same time, a Print Screen action will be done on the computer screen as a result.
4. Select whether to capture the entire screen or just the active window or conversation box that is currently open.
- To capture the entire screen: Press the PrtScr key.
- To capture only the active window: Press the Alt + PrtScr keys together.
5. Since the snapshot is saved as a PNG file, it is immediately copied to the Windows clipboard when the screenshot is taken.
6. Using your keyboard, hit the Ctrl + V keys at the same moment to copy the screenshot and paste it into another document, email, social network message, or image editor.
If you use the Windows + PrtScr keyboard shortcut to take a screenshot, Windows will create a Screenshots folder in the Pictures folder once the first screenshot is taken. If you are unable to locate the Pictures folder by searching for it in Windows, you can access it by navigating to the Pictures folder, which can be discovered by following the following path: C:\Users\[username]\OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots.
How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord
How to Send Videos on Discord
How to Restart Any Apple TV Model
THE BEST HEALTH SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD
How to Install Add Google Drive to File Explorer
Kahoot Hack Auto Answer Bot: How to Hack Kahoot Answers 2022
Pet Simulator Z Link and Codes in Roblox
How to Find all 110 Bacons in Find The Bacons – Roblox
Bloxburg School Test Answers – How to Pass and Win the Trophy
What is Resource Planning in Project Management and What You Need to Know
Hades – Battle out of Hell Early Access Available at Epic Games Store
The Next Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Coming Soon in Summer 2019
ELLI is Coming to Nintendo Switch In January, 2019
US Government Sector Employees Banned from using any of Huawei Devices
Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Stunning Redefine Support
Technology1 year ago
How We Can Get VPS Hosting & How to Use It
Financial2 years ago
Marvelous Benefits of Hiring Financial Advisors for Your Business
Guide2 months ago
How to Get Free TikTok Followers and Fans in 2022
Gaming3 years ago
GENKI: The Best Bluetooth Audio Solution For The Nintendo Switch