In Red Dead Redemption 2, you will act as Arthur Morgan, a gangster and a member of the Van der Linde gang. As a gangster, obviously, you will create many crimes which make you have to deal with the Lawmen (police in the game).
You will be ‘Wanted’ and the Lawmen will announce the bounty for you. Once you get ‘Wanted’, many bounty hunters will chase you to gain the amount of bounty.
It might be a fantastic and heartbreaking experience for some players to adventure how to escape from both Lawmen and also bounty hunters, however, you will have to continue your journey in the game though. So, you need to get rid of the ‘Wanted’ level to make it easier for you in order to carry on your adventure.
In this article, I will guide you on How To Pay Off Your Bounty And Clear Your Wanted Level in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Wanted Levels in Red Dead Redemption 2
Once you made a crime, there are three ‘Wanted’ system in Red Dead Redemption 2, and they are:
- Your crime is unseen
- Your crime is seen by a witness which able to identifies you
- Your crime is seen by a witness, but they couldn’t able to identify you
If no one sees your crime, then you can just easily run away safely like nothing happens, but, if there’s any witness, then obviously they will report you to the Lawmen and you will start getting the ‘Wanted’ level shown on the top right of the screen.
And if the witness couldn’t identify you, then your Wanted level will note “Unknown Suspect” underneath it. As the Lawmen will investigate the crime and once they identified you as the criminal, you will start to get a Bounty on your head.
Bounty in Red Dead Redemption 2
A Bounty is a price you have to pay precisely for your crime, more serious your crime, then more higher your bounty will be. Having a bounty on your head means more Lawmen and bounty hunters will appear on roads and around the area, once they recognize you, they will try to arrest or kill you on the spot. The best way to solve this is with pay off your bounty as soon as possible.
Now, How To Pay Off Your Bounty?
To pay off your bounty in this game, all you have to do is visit the post office, which you will easily find in most towns, or just take a look on your map for the envelope symbol.
How To Clear Your Wanted Level?
Clear your ‘Wanted’ level will depend on how ‘Wanted’ are you.
- If the witness couldn’t able to identify you, you can clear your Wanted level by simply leave the investigation area which marked in red by Lawmen. Then you will see the red word ‘Wanted’ moderately drain from red to grey in the top right of your screen, and when it fully drains, it means you’re no longer ‘Wanted’
- You also can use the same method (leave the investigation area) if the witness and the Lawmen identified you and has put on bounty on your head. The difference is, every time you’re caught, either by a Bounty Hunter or the law, you will become Wanted again and you will have to clear them all over again.
- Change your appearance is also a good solution if you get bounty on your head. You can shave, change your hairstyle, or also change your clothes.
- Fighting, this should only be the last option to give you some time to run away, Remember, the more Lawmen you kill, the more reinforcements they will send and also the more ‘Wanted’ you will become, with a higher bounty to pay off.
- Surrender, put all your weapons down and approach peacefully. This method is only possible at lower Wanted levels though, and it will lead to you being arrested and placed in jail. From here, you will either need to wait out your sentence, or maybe be rescued by some friends.
Well guys, that’s another guide on Red Dead Redemption 2. Hope will help you to continue your western journey safely. And if you found any difficulties to unlock some items in the game, then you can check out the list for all cheat codes and how to unlock them in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One.